Skip to main content
Tulane Home Tulane Home

Ahead of its time

April 06, 2017 1:45 PM
 | 
Photo from Tulane University Archives newwave@tulane.edu
  

 

 

Students conduct experiments in the advanced physics laboratory in F. Edward Hebert Hall circa 1910. At the time of its construction, it was the only laboratory on the south designed exclusively for physics research including little or no iron in its construction (for magnetic reasons), slate slabs for instruments, and piers for instruments that were isolated from the framework of the building.