Skip to main content
Tulane Home Tulane Home

Heart of campus

August 24, 2017 3:00 PM
 | 
Photo from Tulane University Archives newwave@tulane.edu
  

 

 

Students walk past the newly constructed University Center (UC) in the early 1960s. Completed in 1959, the UC housed a number extracurricular activities including the Hullabaloo, WTUL and the Monk Simons Memorial Swimming Pool, making it a hub for students. In 2006, Tulane celebrated the grand opening of the Lavin-Bernick Center, which expanded and updated the original UC to 142,000 square feet, an increase of nearly 50 percent.