• Doors for the Unified Commencement Ceremony will open at 7:30 a.m. Guests can enter Yulman Stadium at Gates A, B and C.
• ADA guest drop-off is at Gate B. ADA guest pickup after the ceremony is at Gate C.
• Rideshare and taxis should enter Janet Yulman Way from Willow Street and drop off at Gate C.
• Parking is available at Diboll Garage. Guests should enter Ben Weiner Drive from Willow Street. Additional parking is available at Loyola's Freret Street Garage. Shuttle service will take patrons to and from Yulman Stadium.
• All guests and graduates will pass through security upon arrival. The full list of prohibited items is available on the Commencement website.
• Please note, guests should arrive and be in their seats by 8:55 a.m. for the graduate procession. Guests who arrive late must enter at Gate C and will be directed up the stairs to seating areas in Westfeldt Terrace. Guests arriving at Gates A or B after 8:55 a.m. will remain in the concourse during the procession.
ADA guests should enter Ben Weiner Drive from Claiborne Avenue; access to Ben Weiner Drive will be limited to ADA guests with credentials. ADA guests MUST fill out the request form in advance in order to have access to the Ben Weiner drop-off zone at Gate B (Game Day Plaza).
After the ceremony concludes, ADA pickup will be outside Gate C on Janet Yulman Way.
Inclement Weather Planning
The Unified Commencement Ceremony will begin at 9 a.m. in Yulman Stadium and will proceed rain or shine, unless severe weather (such as lightning, tornadoes or flooding) poses a significant threat or danger to the personal safety of graduates and attendees.
In the event of severe weather, graduates and their guests should plan for two scenarios if the university's rain plan is initiated:
Rain Delay: The start time of the Unified Commencement Ceremony could be delayed by up to two hours, for rapidly moving weather events. In such a scenario, the School of Professional Advancement and/or School of Law ceremonies could also be slightly delayed depending on the end time of the Unified Commencement Ceremony.
Postponement: In the unlikely event that severe weather conditions are expected to persist throughout the morning, the Unified Commencement Ceremony will be postponed until Saturday, May 21, at 7 p.m. Postponement will only occur in extreme circumstances.
If the university's rain plan is initiated, details about the changes will be communicated by:
• Updates on the Commencement website.
• Text message updates from the Office of Emergency Preparedness and Response. Guests can sign up for these updates by texting tugrad to 888777.
• The university’s main social media channels: