Tulane Home Tulane Home

Full Tilton

March 28, 2017 1:15 PM
 | 
Photo by Paula Burch-Celentano pburch@tulane.edu
  

 

 

Tilton Memorial Hall glows under the lights at dusk on the uptown campus. Constructed in 1902 to house the university library, the building is named for Frederick W. Tilton, a prominent importer of railroad iron. Currently the Amistad Research Center, the Murphy Institute of Political Economy and the Department of Economics call Tilton home.