Tulane Home Tulane Home

Light support

July 26, 2016 1:30 PM
Photo by Paula Burch-Celentano pburch@tulane.edu



Decades of patina adorn the base of a light post outside  Dixon Hall on Tulane’s uptown campus. Completed in 1929 and dedicated in 1979, Dixon Hall is named for Dr. Brandt Van Blarcom Dixon, first and only president of Newcomb College. The building was a project of the Newcomb Alumnae Association.