Skip to main content
Tulane Home Tulane Home

Inline CSS for Tulane News Articles

Bygone bell

August 14, 2018 1:00 PM
 | 
Paula Burch-Celentano pburch@tulane.edu
  

 

 

The Newcomb bell stands in the cool darkness of the Dixon Hall lobby. A gift from the Class of 1900, the bell was used in the chapel on the original Newcomb College campus on Washington Avenue. It is still rung before Newcomb ceremonies held in Dixon Hall.