Tulane University Campus Recreation has developed several new programs and classes while attempting to flatten the COVID-19 curve. There are several virtual programs offered to help the university community stay healthy, engaged and active while the Reily Student Recreation Center is closed, and its usual programs are offline during this time.
- Instagram Live Group Exercise Classes: Join some of your favorite Group Exercise instructors on Instagram Live starting Wednesday, March 25! All classes are in Central Standard Time. Be sure to follow Tulane Campus Recreation on Instagram and Facebook for updates on the Virtual Group Exercise Schedule as well as other virtual fitness options.
- Wave Fit Online Training Jumpstart Program: This new two-week, guided program is designed for all fitness levels and requires zero to minimal equipment. Download the program here.
- Wave Fit Movement Breaks: Wave Fit Movement Breaks is a new bi-weekly email reminder program sent on Mondays and Thursdays. Wave Fit Movement Breaks will feature quick exercises, workouts, instructional videos, outdoor activity tips, nutrition information, and free health & wellness opportunities to shake up your daily activity. Click here to subscribe.
- Virtual Personal Training: Coming soon! Interested in learning more? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual Fitness Workouts: There are tons of workouts available online in a variety of formats with several categories to choose from like cardio, yoga, mindfulness and cycling. For more information, click here.
- The Outdoor Adventures COVID-19 Blog – Cabin Fever is a blog where you can find resources, ideas and inspiration to safely get outdoors during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more here.
- Outdoor Adventures COVID-19 Resources page: Now is the time to work on the basics — your knots, navigation and even your outdoor reading list. For more, click here.
- Outdoor Opportunities around New Orleans: Needing a change of scenery? Here’s a list of outdoor opportunities, such as building a campfire, identifying wildlife, or canoeing, around the Gulf South.
- E-Sports & Social Gaming Hub: More information is coming soon! Make sure you complete the interest survey to let Campus Recreation know what you want to see!