Skip to main content
Tulane Home Tulane Home

Inline CSS for Tulane News Articles

A cut above

December 07, 2017 1:45 PM
Tulane University Archives



Walk-ins were always welcome at the university barber shop, pictured, circa 1982. Open in 1959, and housed in the original University Center, the shop, and its owner, Tom Davis were a fixture on campus for more than 50 years. Davis, center, known by all for his quick smile and lively banter, cut the hair of students, professors and university presidents until his death in 2013.